Here are some suggestions on how to keep good care of your new wares so that the piece has a long life with you.
- Avoid getting wet. Often hard to avoid when your wares become a part of your daily activities, but when possible, try to minimize showering, swimming and washing dishes with your wares on.
- Avoid direct contact with perfume, hand sanitizer, soaps, shampoos and conditioners. These products will tarnish your jewelry and weaken the stones.
- Remove before being active/playing sports. Use your own discretion, as wares can become damaged and or even lost while participating in certain physical activities.
- Clean with a polishing cloth or shine it up with the lightest weight steel wool. Rub it enough to shine it, but not too much that it rubs off the dark patina that makes the piece pop with flare. The patine is part of the design.
- Limit how often you open and close your wares (i.e. cuffs and reversible earrings). With all jewelry, but especially cuffs it’s important that you limit the amount of times you open and close the piece. I recommend pulling it just enough to SLIP onto the side of your wrist (thinnest part of the wrist) and then close it just enough for it to feel secure enough to not fall off. Metal is soft and the more you bend it the weaker it becomes.